Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer

B-bloating

E-eating less but feeling full fast

A-abdominal/pelvic pain

T-trouble with urination(frequency or urgency)



A PAP test does not detect ovarian cancer.

If these symptoms persist more that 2 weeks and are getting worse not better see your gynocologist and request additional tests such as a CA-125 and/or Transvaginal Ultrasound

Saturday, September 25, 2010

As September Comes to a Close...

September is quickly coming to a close and although I have not been able to do all of the awareness activities I wanted to do I feel I remember that everyday brings another opportunity to educate friends and family about the importance of knowing the symptoms of Ovarian Cancer. Please remember that your yearly PAP test does NOT detect ovarian cancer. This test is only good for detecting cervical and uterine cancer. If you are having any strange and persistent symptoms that last more than 2 weeks and get worse over those 3 weeks please tell your doctor and request more tests like a CA-125 or an ultrasound.
As I am learning to deal with life after cancer I try to remind myself to live in every moment. Even when times are stressful and I find myself about to throw a pity party, I can always say "Karen, you are still alive to experience all this life has to give you." I remember how faithful God has been throughout my journey and that He has a plan for my life. He has a plan for YOUR life too. When life feels stressful always remember God's promises and that the most important thing you can do is to take care of the life God has given you.
Take care my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment